What plant has maroon and green leaves?
(Solenostemon ‘Atlas’) is a stocky shade-tolerant foliage plant with purplish-maroon leaves splashed with a contrasting bright green center.
How do I identify an outdoor plant?
- Note the climate and region.
- Observe stems and branches.
- Note the leaf shape and size.
- Check the leaf arrangement.
- Note fruits and flowers.
- Look for barbs, hairs, or thorns.
- Note the smell.
- Check the roots.
What outdoor plant has red leaves?
Croton (Codiaeum variegatum)
Native to the rainforests of Oceania, Croton prefers a warm, humid climate and full sun. Some cultivars produce vivid red foliage, often with psychedelic blotches of purple, green, gold, orange! Croton looks spectacular, both as a hedge or standalone shrub.