- Use the right pot size for the plant.
- Use a pot made with heavy material.
- Fill the pot with heavy objects.
- Use a stake to support the plant.
- Place the pot near a wall.
- Protect the plants using windbreaks.
- Protect the plants using a windscreen.
How do you weigh down a planter?
Use heavy organic materials at the bottom of your planters to help add additional weight to your planters. This is especially helpful if you are using plastic planters, that don’t have much weight to begin with. We recommend using organic materials, such as pieces of bricks or broken clay pots.
How do you keep a plant from falling in the wind?
- Fill Your Plant Pots With Enough Soil.
- Use Plant Pot Stabilizers.
- Put the Plant pots Against the Wall or In a Corner.
- Use Balcony Planters.
- Grow Your Plants in Heavy Containers.
- Screen Your Balcony.
- Tie The Plant Pots To Something Sturdy.
How do you make a windbreak for plants?
Typically, five rows of trees make an effective windbreak, starting with a row of dense shrubs, three rows of trees and a fifth row of flowering shrubs. If space is limited, stagger your planting and use fewer rows with less crowding. Even two rows of evergreens can provide protection.