What is black poem?
Black poetry refers to poems written by African Americans in the United States of America. It is a sub-section of African American literature filled with cadence, intentional repetition and alliteration. African American poetry predates the written word and is linked to a rich oral tradition.
What is the beauty of the poem?
The beauty of poetry is capturing a tiny moment in your life and saying it in such a unique way that other people can relish it as well, either through appreciation or empathy. Many people only know of the classic works of poetry—the Illiad, Shakespeare’s sonnets, or Edgar Allan Poe.
What are some good poems about life?
- Sir Walter Raleigh, ‘What Is This Life’.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, ‘A Psalm of Life’.
- Walt Whitman, ‘O Me!
- Charlotte Brontë, ‘Life’.
- Emily Dickinson, ‘Each Life Converges to some Centre’.
- D. H. Lawrence, ‘Full Life’.
- Philip Larkin, ‘Dockery and Son’.