Does trimming pothos make it bushier?
You can encourage branching, bushiness, and give the plant the trimming it needs for optimal shape. If you want a fuller-looking plant from the top, simply take your pruning shears and cut off the stems that are growing out and down so new growth starts to branch out from the top of the plant.
Where should I cut my pothos?
Trim a 4-6 inch piece just below a root node. Ideally, the cutting will have 4+ leaves and at least two growth nodes. Pothos plant propagation can be done in water or soil, but once it begins, the plant has difficult switching to the other growing medium.
How do you prune and replant pothos?
- Take Stem Cuttings. Using a pair of sharp and sterilized pruning shears or scissors, take stem cuttings from your mother plant.
- Remove the Bottom Leaves.
- Place the Cuttings in Water.
- Change the Water Once a Week.
- Plant the Rooted Cuttings in Soil.