Why is the stem of my fiddle leaf fig Brown?
Brown Spots- Typically mean there is some watering stress occurring. Overwatering or poor drainage can cause spots to appear and can lead to fungal infections such as root rot.
Can you grow a fiddle leaf fig from a stem?
Propagating a fiddle leaf fig plant means taking a stem or leaf cutting and allowing it to root in water or soil to create a new self-sustaining plant. You can propagate most houseplants, with varying degrees of difficulty. Fiddle leaf figs are actually relatively easy to propagate.
How do you make a fiddle leaf bushier?
- STEP 1: OPTIMIZE THE POT SIZE.
- STEP 2: ENSURE EXCELLENT DRAINAGE.
- STEP 3: FULL, REGULAR WATERING.
- STEP 4: CHECK FOR GOOD SOIL AERATION.
- STEP 5: DO AN ANNUAL SOIL TREATMENT.
- STEP 6: FERTILIZE LESS, MORE OFTEN.
- STEP 7: GIVE IT LIGHT!